Thursday, May 29, 2008

My Super Sappy Post about My First Year of College


Today I finished my last class of my first year in college.
This year was incredible. I made some awesome
<----------friends ---------->



I had a radio show.

With a kickass co-host.


I fell in love with feminism and started writing for a blog.

我学了中文。


I had an awesome roommate.








Who shared her family's Easter traditions












I took some classes, too. They were good.

Basically, although I had some pretty rough weeks, I had a wonderful first year.
I learned so much, which I know is the point of college. So when I say I learned so much, I mean I discovered so many new things. My friends and I debated, fought, cried, laughed (mostly), and just became family. We talked about everything from sex to Israel to enviromentalism to cafeteria food recipies to beer. Because so many of my friends are international, I won't be able to see them over the summer. I am going to miss them intensly.
But, you know what I won't miss: sharing a bathroom with 11 girls I don't really know. I won't miss walking in on shower sex or unflushed toilets. I definatley won't miss other people's hair in the drain.
But, enough with the negative. I love lists, so here are some reasons why I am excited about next year:
1. Living with all my friends!
2. Taking classes that I want
3. Learning Spanish
4. Declaring my majors
5. Meeting new kids
6. Sustainable take-out containers
7. Maybe writing for TKS
8. Decorating a whole new room
9. Not being a freshman
10. Sharing a bathroom with only 3 people
11. Not working at 7:45am
Yay.

No comments: