Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Genesis, I suppose

As is the start of every great thing, I am beginning my blog out of procrastination and hunger.
You see, every time I start to procrastinate on a paper or studying, I start to eat. And I don't have any appealling food in my dorm right now, so maybe this will distract me.

At the moment I am trying to be distracted from a paper on a short story by Zora Neale Hurston. The story was good, the paper will probably not be.

So, lately I have been having a lot of conversations about getting old. I am eighteen years old. Which, I know is, relatively, young. But to me it feels very old. I have been on this planet for eighteen years. And I have done nothing, relatively. I have gotten through high school and landed myself in a college. I've travelled a little and talked a lot, but I haven't really made an imprint yet. Or a lasting one. Oh how very philisophical [sic] for an introduction. Please continue reading this blog and don't be offput by the lame metaphorical air. Please.

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I know how you feel about not having left an "imprint" yet. I feel the same. But I think there's no hurry. If it's meant to happen, it will.

Love!